Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer of love (and friends) (and food) (and work) (and music)

This week has been bannanas! Yumi from Tokyo came by for a visit, so did my buddies Kyle and Kim from SF, touring as Pale Hoarse (www.myspace.com/palehoarse). We met up for a picnic in central park with Will who is in Moon and Moon (www.myspace.com/moonandmoon), and his girlfriend Natasha who is on her first US tour (www.myspace.com/batforlashes). Next day I saw a fantastic Sudanese concert in central park and then went to see my friend Diego's band in Bklyn (www.myspace.com/crashdietcrew). The next day he and I went out to Jersey City for some authentic Indian food and exploration, and then wasted $11 on Transformers. Last night I went out to my old teen-age indie rock stomping ground, Maxwells in Hoboken, to catch Bat for Lashes first US show, and on friday my friends Invisible Conga People (www.myspace.com/invisiblecongapeople) will be playing at Monkey Town in Bklyn. I know this post has been a total shout out to my musical friends... thanks for the inspiration! I feel lucky to know all of you!












No comments:

Post a Comment